Friday 1 April 2011

Research - Websites

To help me understand the requirement of the website, I looked at some other window cleaning websites both local and national. This would help to see the sorts of things included on websites and establish colour schemes, font styles, logo use and site layouts.

I think the logo on this website looks very aesthetically pleasing. The gradients and highlights make the images look 3d and the sparkles and bubbles really relate to the idea of water and shine. I think the use of bubbles could be something I could use in my design as it immediately suggests the use of water.

The background of this page also suggests bubbles and the use of the blue colour again emphasized the use of water. I think blue is definitely the right choice of colour as it is not over powering and looks good on screen.

I like how the colour of the tab changes when it is clicked, this helps remind the user exactly what page they are on. I will use something like this to help aid the navigation on my site.



Again in this site the logo works well with its use of a bubble. The purple is a good alternative to blue, without going too far off to recognize what it is trying to represent.

The white text on the black is easy to read and the navigation is simple but effective. I think I will include a change of colour when rolling over or clicking on a tab. The menu being along the top works well as it is easy to find and simple to use.




The bubble and sparkles down the right hand side of this site are particularly impressive. They add an interesting texture to the page and really emphasize the window cleaning and water use. I like how they are only used down one side of the page. I think the white balances well against the blue and fits in the 'divine' style, it represent the sky and clouds and ties in perfectly with the logo. I think another shade of blue or white would have worked well on the buttons to better in keep with the water idea. I like how there isn't too much information so you don't get lost in it. Also the use of logo's at the bottom of the page add to the professional touch to the site.


This site also uses purple as an alternative along with the blue. The site is simple but neat. I think more graphics would help represent the business more successfully and what it does.

There also could be a logo, to create the idea of a brand, it would help the viewer know exactly what this company does as from first glance it is difficult to establish.



For my site I would definitely like to use the colour blue and incorporate the use of bubbles and sparkles. I will use traditional ideas but modernize them to give them an alternative look, something striking and noticeable. I would like to use buttons at the top of my page that changes colour once clicked so it is easy to tell where abouts on the site you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment