Friday 1 April 2011

Window Cleaning Research - Logo's

Before I could generate some initial ideas, I felt it would be necessary to research some established window cleaning business so that I could appreciate just exactly what was already on the market and how well they advertise themselves. This would also allow me to see any trends or specific images that may have been used by several companies or typically over used by a majority. I wanted to strive to achieve something less traditionally whilst in keeping with the theme suggested by the client.

For my website I would really like my design to represent the 'Zeitgeist' of the company. For this I would like my design to be: Sophisticated yet modern, using bold graphics and clean lines to embrace the modern day whilst representing a traditional business.  


I think this logo is quite successful in some regards as it is simple and the stencil like graphics are striking. However I think the logo could also be
a little confusing as it could look like someone painting rather than window cleaning because the bucket of water could be mistaken to be a tin of paint and the squeegee could be said to look like a paint roller. This is something I will need to consider when designing my logo. It will need to be clear exactly what it is advertising so there is no misunderstanding.










 This logo is similar to the one above in it being a man holding a squeegee. this would suggest that people would identify this as being an easy way to represent a window cleaner. This logo is more in a cartoon style and I think it doesn't work as well as the logo above. I may consider incorporate a squeegee and a man in my design, although I think it would be more realistic or perhaps in silhouette.



In this logo I think the use of rhyming words works well as it makes it easy to remember. It is uncomplicated and I think for my design I will also use quite a simple structure as not to over bombard. The word divine is also represented well by the use of wings and a halo, I think it is important the the logo design must reflect the company it is about.


This logo isn't traditionally a way of representing a window cleaner, but I think the use the word ultimate with the strong arm helps represent the message the company is trying to portray. I think if maybe the circle around the edge was replaced with a window it would better emphasize the window cleaning. I like the use of the mountains and scene in the background as it represents the notion of being outside, which is essentially a lot of window cleaning is. The arm also helps put across the physical element of the job, which is important because window cleaning is quite physical.

With all of the logo's above I feel like there could be some colour added. Perhaps blue as it represents water and this could also be used in my design as the client would like blue incorporated.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice blog about window cleaning but aside from this I like window cleaning services ca at the same time.

    ReplyDelete