Wednesday 25 May 2011

Sussex Lives Podcast - Research

To understand what a short interview or a podcast usually looks like, I decided to do some research. I hoped my research would allow me to have a clear idea of possible camera angles and shots that I could use. I also hoped I would learn how the mood of an interview went and what sort of questions are usually asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMpBwiSdm-w

After having watched this podcast, I established that usually they have quite an informal, relaxed feel to them. I realized that the interviews are quite natural and led by a list of questioning. However unlike this interview, the interviewer would be off camera and behind the scenes, I would also cut out the questions so it felt like the interviewee was giving a short talk about themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0fEMw5k2CI&feature=relmfu

Again this interview is quite relaxed. But unlike this where the 'fans' are asking questions, as stated above I will ask the questions myself. I think I will incorporate more cuts than this video, as it may be more interesting for the viewer if the camera is not just positioned in one place the whole way through. It is evident that when asking a question, it is down to the interviewee to take the question wherever they like. They may answer the question but then it may lead them on to talking about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment