Sunday 9 October 2011

Research into Animation


Synchromy No. 4: Escape (Mary Ellen Bute - 1938)


For my piece I want to emphasize colours, lines and geometrical forms. I want to explore the relationship between these and their forms to create an intriguing visual composition.

The following video by Mary Ellen Bute explores this with her use of bold lines and contrasting colours. The piece was made relatively early on and so is quite a statement with it's use of shape and pattern. I like the use of a dark background with a bright colour above it, it helps to draw attention to the foreground and contrast well, this will be something I consider for my own piece. The symbolism in this piece is of the triangle trying to escape, It gives the suggestion of freedom.  


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRmu-GcClls&feature=player_embedded#!



No comments:

Post a Comment